Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lemon...the official summer ingredient.

I have never been a huge fan of lemon-flavored dishes...until this summer. The obsession started with the Lemon Baked Pasta I blogged about recently. Lemon adds such a nice light flavor which is perfect for hot summer days. Here is my latest lemon dish. I tweaked a recipe I found in a magazine...

Lemon Chicken
3-4 chicken breasts . 1/3 cup flour . lemon pepper . 4 tbsp butter . 2 tbsp olive oil . 1/4 cup chicken broth . 1/4 cup lemon juice . 1/4 cup whipping cream . corn starch as needed . 1 lemon, cut into slices . 1/4 cup chopped parsley

Slice chicken breasts in half and flatten using meat mallet. Season chicken with salt and pepper or lemon pepper, if desired. Mix flour with lemon pepper and dredge chicken, shaking off excess flour. Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add half of the chicken and cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken. Add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil and melt. Add remaining chicken, cook until done, and remove. Add lemon juice, chicken broth, and whipping cream to skillet. Heat, stirring to remove seasoning from skillet. Add corn starch as needed to thicken sauce. Once thick, add lemon slices, 2 tbsp butter and parsley. Mix until butter has melted. Serve over chicken and pass out from delicious overload.

We are finishing up our house painting project. Well, I guess technically Ryan is finishing it up as I type this. However, I did paint all of the shutters by myself on my only day off in between jobs. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment