Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More House Tour!

A loooong time ago, I said I would start doing a picture tour of our house. I posted pics of "carpet room" and our dining room....and haven't done much since then. So, today we will tour "wood floor room." For those of you who don't remember, we have two family rooms that we distinguish by flooring...carpet and wood. Wood floor room is probably the busiest room in our house....it has our garage door, patio door, and front door. One of my favorite features of wood floor room is that it opens into the kitchen....or the kitchen opens up into wood floor room:)

Our mismatched couches:) The prints on the walls are photographs from New Orleans taken by my super talented photographer friend, Lisa Gwin.


The shutter doors next to the desk lead to the laundry room. I have big plans for a laundry room makeover involving a fun paint job. It might be a little tricky with the washer, dryer, a/c, and furnace...or whatever the heck is in there.


This is the view of the kitchen from wood floor room. The cabinet in between the rooms actually has two sides, which is nice for storage. And above the cabinet...the infamous chalkboard menu. Some day, I will get wood blinds for the window in the kitchen. Until then, the neighbors get to watch us cook. It's pretty much like we have our own Food Network show.


This is our back door...obviously. I love the curtains around it:) We are actually getting this door replaced in 3 weeks. You can't see it, but in between the glass door and the storm door is a small strip of astro turf. I don't even try to understand it.


And finally, the fireplace. The mantel is fairly unexciting right now. Nothing can really stand up to Mardi Gras decorations. I have toyed with the idea of painting the brick, but some people (aka my husband) are totally opposed to the painting of brick.


FYI, the snickers pie was a HUGE hit today. Poor Ryan didn't get any leftovers...
We had a request this past weekend for another American Idol critique, so look for a post later tonight...Maggie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment