Sunday, April 18, 2010

A smorgasbord post...

This post is going to get a little crazy...but hey, that's what Sundays are for, right?

A while back I mentioned a Taco Pizza. As promised...here is the recipe.

Pre-made pizza crust . tomato, sliced . shredded cheese . 1 lb hamburger meat . taco seasoning . black olives . avocados .

This pizza was super easy and delicious. Cook the hamburger meat and add taco seasoning according to the directions on the package. We topped our pizza with a thin layer of cheese and popped the pizza in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Then, add a layer of roma tomatoes, sliced. Add the meat, black olives, and more cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top off with chopped avocados. You can make tons of variations to this. Other things to add: sour cream, green onions, lettuce, salsa....the possibilities are endless!!!

Last week I shared an amazing guac recipe that we used to top off baked salmon. The next day, we used the guac for this dish....


I actually got this recipe from a Campbell's ad in my recent Martha Stewart magazine. It was the easiest chicken enchilada recipe I have ever made! The sauce is pretty thick, so filling the tortillas is very easy. Here is this recipe:

1 can cream of chicken soup . 1/2 cup sour cream . 1 cup salsa . 2 tsp chili powder . 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken . 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese . 1 pack flour tortillas . guac (if you want it)

Stir soup, sour cream, salsa, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
Combine the chicken, cheese, and 1 cup of the salsa mixture in a large bowl. Fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture and place in a pan. Pour the remaining salsa mixture over the top of the enchiladas.
Cover the dish and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Top with guac!

Ok....one more recipe. This is what we are eating tonight...and it's too good to not share. I discovered this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website. She has all kinds of amazing recipes...I have already spent waaaay too much time looking through them:) Our Fancy Macaroni from her website is to die for!!!! We are eating it with baked chicken tenders and I'm pretty sure I'm in heaven. I really enjoy experimenting with macaroni recipes...and this is one of my favorites! Check out her website for the recipe. And in case you need convincing, check this out...


Ok, now on to non-cooking things. The big family baby shower was this weekend. My sister-in-law and 2 of my husband's cousins are expecting this summer! Emily and Lewis are expecting Annabelle in June, Kristie and Scott are expecting a girl in August, and Nicole and Brian are expecting twins in August! We know one is a girl, the other is tba:) The shower was a blast!!! And of course....I have no pictures. I will have to wait for Kristie to post some to share with you.

This shower was for the entire family and the theme was very gender friendly. We had a "Bun in the Oven" theme complete with hamburgers, hot dogs, and all kinds of delicious sides. The adorable invites were designed by my friend and invitation extraordinaire, Melanie Fuglaar. The colors were yellow, orange, brown, turquoise, and pink. I created "diaper cupcakes" for centerpieces. We also had big bottles of baby lotion with fun balloons tied to them for added decoration. And to finish it off, sliver buckets full of brightly colored gerber daisies. Here are the only 2 pics I have...diaper cupcakes and the invites! The diaper cupcakes are kinda abstract...but cute anyway:) I was trying to make a scaled-down version of a diaper cake for the party.



And....now I can reveal my first sewing project. Burpies!!!! I spent a weekend mass producing these and they turned out fantastic! Hopefully the mommies-to-be liked them as much as I did.


Now, back to food...kinda. I created this chalkboard for our kitchen when I first moved into our house. I had purchased the window frame in college and never really knew what to do with it. Then one day...it just came to me. A chalkboard! So, we bought a piece of plywood, painted it with chalkboard paint, and my wonderful husband nailed it to the frame for me. We have it hanging in our kitchen and I have used it for many things....a wedding countdown, decoration for parties, a cheering board for a big game...but my favorite use is a weekly menu. So, here is our menu for the week and a preview of recipes to come! I'm extra excited about the Shrimp Pasta in a Foil Package...another Pioneer Woman find.


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that chalkboard...you guys did an awesome job with it! Also, your burp cloths are precious!

    Making PW's mac and cheese tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I just looked at Melanie's site, and wow- is she talented or what?! I got tired just reading all that she is doing! Maybe I'll get to see all of you girls soon :).

    ReplyDelete