Sunday, October 30, 2011

Easy Supper

When you become a mommy, the time you have to spend cooking decreases. Or maybe it's the time you want to spend cooking that decreases. Regardless, our meals have changed from elaborate to quick and easy. I hate to even call these "recipes," because they require very little effort. Tonight, we are having Spaghetti and Meatballs! (not from scratch, of course)

2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 bag frozen meatballs
spaghetti noodles
fresh veggies
seasonings

I make this a little different every time. Sometimes, I use cans of stewed tomatoes instead of spaghetti sauce. The result is less saucey, but still good. Tonight, I chopped up mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, and onion. I heated oil in my stock pot and threw them all in to cook. I added in random seasonings....garlic salt, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon pepper, basil, oregano, Worcestershire...and maybe something else. I don't remember. Add your sauce and meatballs. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until meatballs are heated all the way. Serve over spaghetti noodles. Ta-da! Nothing fancy, but fast. If you cut out veggies, it's very little prep time. This dish also make a boatload of food...and leftovers are even more easy to prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment