Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pumpkin Pasta!

I love pumpkin. And...I love pasta. So when I heard about Pumpkin Pasta from a co-worker, it sounded like culinary perfection. Here is the link to the original website! And here is the amazing recipe...enjoy!

Pumpkin Pasta

1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp butter
2 cups pumpkin puree
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cream
nutmeg, salt, white pepper
1 lb pasta
1 lb Italian sausage (optional)
Parmesan cheese for topping

Melt butter and add in onions and garlic. Saute until tender. Add in pumpkin puree, whipping cream, and sour cream. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add in seasonings. Stir in pasta and cooked sausage and let simmer for a few more minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese!

By the way, I used whole wheat pasta for this recipe. The nutty flavor was a great complement to the sauce. I also was not paying attention when I was adding ingredients and added 4 cups of pumpkin. So, I just upped the rest of the ingredients and put the extra sauce in the fridge for a quick meal later in the week!


Hurry and make this dish before canned pumpkin is gone from the stores! Or, just stock up on canned pumpkin now so you can make this anytime...

No comments:

Post a Comment