Sunday, January 15, 2012

You must cook this tonight!!!!!

My life has been changed...again via Pinterest. This recipe was described as the "best broccoli of your life." I would have to agree with that description. The recipe came from The Amateur Gourmet. It is so easy and quick and delicious. Choose the quantity of your ingredients based on how many people are eating it. I will give the quantities I used to make it for Ryan and myself.


Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp

1 bunch of broccoli (is it even called a bunch? hmmm....)
1/2 lb shrimp
olive oil
salt and pepper
old bay seasoning
1 clove garlic
1 cup dry medium grain rice

Preheat oven to 425. Wash your broccoli and thaw your shrimp if you live in Ohio like I do and don't have access to fresh shrimp. Chop your broccoli. I left the stems long. Toss broccoli in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add in a garlic clove, sliced. Pour onto a foil lined baking sheet and toss in the oven for 10 minutes. Start your rice cooking. Shell your shrimp and toss in oil and old bay seasoning. After 10 minutes, add shrimp onto pan, stir around, and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Oooo, I also added lemon juice in with the shrimp. Your rice and shrimp and broccoli should all be done around the same time. Once the shrimp and broccoli come out of the oven, drizzle with more lemon juice and olive oil if desired. Serve over rice and be amazed at how good broccoli can be.

1 comment: