Thursday, January 17, 2013

Random Quesadillas

Tonight, we had the most random quesadillas. And they pretty much rocked our socks off.  When you read this, you will think we are crazy. We probably are.

{Turkey Quesadillas}

whole wheat tortillas
baked turkey breast, chopped
spinach
mozz cheese
dried cranberries
avocado

Told you it was random. I seasoned my turkey breast with garlic salt, onion powder, and chipotle chili pepper and baked it earlier in the day. I used our counter-top griddle so that we could make multiple quesadillas at once. For quesadilla construction, I like to start with a layer of cheese to help hold things together. I added turkey, spinach, avocado, and cranberries and finished it off with another layer of cheese. Cook until golden and slightly crispy on each side.

So...these quesadillas are good with a fun mix of flavors alone, but we wanted something to dip them in. I checked the fridge and found some remoulade dressing I had made previously for salads. I tried it out and loved it! Although I think I would love that dressing on anything. So, here is the recipe for remoulade dressing that I found here.

{Remoulade Dressing}

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons creole or whole grain mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/3 cup ketchup

Mix all ingredients together. I put mine in a mason jar and shook until combined. Store in refrigerator.

Told ya. Random quesadillas. Enjoy, if you are brave;)

No comments:

Post a Comment