Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Garbage Stir Fry

I saw inspiration for this recipe somewhere...but for the life of me I can't find the blog it came from!! Sorry, person I don't know who gave me this great idea!!

So, I love Chinese food. Especially fried rice. This dish does not taste exactly like fried rice, but I really love the flavors and lightness of it! It's so easy to throw together and is great for emptying the produce drawer in your fridge. Enjoy!

{Garbage Stir Fry}

1 package chicken thighs/breasts, chopped
teriyaki sauce
onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bag frozen peas and carrots
2 packages broccoli slaw
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
liquid aminos or soy sauce
sesame oil for cooking

I like to chop my chicken the night before. I season with garlic powder and pepper and pour some teriyaki sauce on top so it can marinate over night. This also cuts down on prep work later.

Heat some sesame oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until the onions are translucent. Add garlic, mushroom, and peas and carrots. Continue cooking. Add broccoli slaw last. Mix together with other veggies and add liquid aminos. At this point, I will heat some more sesame oil in a smaller skillet and start cooking my chicken. I like my veggies tender, but I'm ok with the broccoli slaw having a little crunch left. Once the veggies and chicken are done, it's assembly time!!

Place a layer of veggies in a large bowl. Top with chicken. I like to add fresh green onions and a few cashews on top. Eat up!!


*A few side notes: the veggie mixture is enough for 2 meals. Go crazy with your veggies, use whatever you have or whatever you like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment