Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mardi Gras!

So...it may be a little early to start planning for Mardi Gras, but I cannot wait for an excuse to eat King Cake! Ryan and I have decided to have a Mardi Gras party this year.....and I have discovered that it is nearly impossible to find Mardi Gras decor in Ohio. Imagine that. So I got crafty with Christmas decorations:) Last year, I found out that Gambino's bakery in New Orleans ships King Cakes. And they still taste amazing, even when they travel across the country via Fed Ex.

Goal Alert!!! Ryan started reading! It happened Sunday night....and it was likely due to the fact that there wasn't a bowl game on. I'm still proud of him:) I recently finished Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. She is such an amazing author. She has the ability to make the reader see controversial situations from all sides.....which leads us to....

Life Lessons by Katie Mac...#1
"Let he without sin be the first to cast the stone." I am a firm believer in this bible verse. Only people who are perfect are in a position to judge others for their decisions. And, since I have NEVER met a perfect human, pretty sure no one can judge others. There is always a different perspective to a situation that should be considered. I won't go off on a rampage about this too much because I think it speaks for itself:)

Now time for some Mardi Gras pics! I still have some decorating left to do.....which will happen when the Oriental Trading order comes in. Enjoy!

Our dining room table. I love hanging things from the chandelier:)


The kitchen window...that is in desperate need of blinds.


The mantle in wood floor room.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment