Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yummy Memories

My first date with Ryan was dinner at his apartment. Well, technically it was a double date at an Italian restaurant with the couple who introduced us. But our first solo date was dinner at his place and he cooked me fajitas. The next meal he cooked for me was chicken noodle soup when I was sick. The first meal we cooked together was Chinese stir-fry and during that meal I spoke with my now mother-in-law on the phone for the first time. When Ryan proposed, we were in the kitchen discussing what to do for dinner. Needless to say, cooking is a huge part of our lives. We love spending time together in the kitchen experimenting with new recipes. One of the first recipes Ryan introduced me too was a fantastic chicken dish that is super easy to make...and we made it tonight:) Here's the recipe...


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup dry sherry or white wine
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
dash garlic salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp salt
Rice or noodles

Place chicken breasts in baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients, mix well, and pour over chicken. Cook at 350 for 60-90 minutes, or until chicken is done. You can leave the chicken whole or shred with a fork. Serve over rice or noodles.

DVR is such a great invention and I don't know how I ever lived without it. Ryan and I enjoy taping our favorite shows and watching them the next night when we can skip commercials. It's always fun when you pause the show and the actors are caught in a awkward moment. I caught an awesome moment during a show tonight...and I had to share it. I laughed for at least 3 minutes. Hope it brings smiles for the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment