Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Day

The perfect meal during cold weather...chili. We had some for dinner last night and it was both simple to make and delicious. Here is the recipe, compliments of mom:)

2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
2 cans diced tomatoes
1/2 bag seasoning blend, or chopped onions, bell peppers, and celery
1 can kidney beans
2-3 tbsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Done! A delicious dinner that keeps you warm...

So I finally attempted my bobbin project with my new sewing machine...and I did it! Not only did I thread the bobbin, I threaded the needle as well! I did some stitching on a wide piece of ribbon and it was fairly successful. My next tasks are to figure out when to use lower and upper thread, and how to tie off the thread securely once the stitch is finished. I will likely have to call mom for this one. Lindsey, any progress with your sewing?

To finish up, some pictures of our snow day. Ryan let me attempt to shovel some....much harder than it looks. And not fun at all...in case any southerners were wondering. Geaux Saints!!!

1 comment:

  1. You look like a pro at this! What fun! In the beginning, I guess :)...

    ReplyDelete