Tuesday, March 23, 2010

American Idol ya'll...

So my husband and I enjoy watching American Idol together and having our own critique session....and I'm not quite sure why we aren't sharing it:) I would be interested to see if others agree or disagree with us. Typically, we agree with Simon everytime...

Lee...Love his voice. His performances certainly aren't high energy, but I would buy his CD.
Paige...She has such a powerful voice. Not sure where it went. Cara said it was the worst vocal they have ever heard this season. Um, have they forgotten about Tim's "Apologize" performance?
Tim...Someone cut his hair, it's eating his face. Also, how has he made it this far? Vocals just are not his strong point.
Aaron...So I've been pretty tough on him so far. I think he is too young and has a lot of room to grow. That being said, I actually loved his performance tonight. He made me feel like a 16 year old girl...so there.
Crystal...I love her. I think she has done more fantastic things, the CCR song for one. I think that has been Ryan's favorite so far this season.
Micheal...Something about him makes me very uncomfortable, not sure what. The song...why would you pick that one. It's been done too many times. He does have nice voice moments though.
Andrew...He peaked way too early. I love that his voice is so unique...but he needs to do something amazing with it. Ryan thinks he went the wrong way with the song, should have dropped the band and done a guitar remake. Agreed.
Katie...Love the song choice. Ryan made an interesting observation tonight. He thinks Katie is singing in the wrong key for her voice...and I agree. There is something off about her voice, but she isn't the worst.
Casey...He has the look, he has the voice, he has the musical talent. Get him some confidence and build the performance, done.
Didi...She has such a unique voice but she didn't do much with it this week.
Siobhan...I never even know what is going to come out of that girl's mouth, but good grief can she sing.
Ryan's summary of the night was the same as Simon's....song choices people!

Side note...saw Adam Shankman from So You Think You Can Dance sitting next to Miley Cyrus tonight. I heart Adam. I kinda wish we were friends. And so tonight, for the first and last time, I was jealous of Miley.

No comments:

Post a Comment