Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tasty Treats!

I had lots of fun "puppy" treats at the big party this weekend, but I wanted to have a few adult-friendly snacks as well. These were all a huge hit and easy to make!


{Man Dip Part 2}
(The original name is White Trash Dip, but I'm not a fan of that name)

I chose this dip because I knew the men there would appreciate a meat-y dip.

The original recipe came from here.

1lb bacon
2 cups shredded cheese
2 blocks cream cheese, softened
1 can chili
1 bunch green onions, chopped

Chop and cook your bacon. We always chop our bacon before we cook it. Makes for easier cooking! Stir all ingredients together. Pour into greased pie pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Done!

{Feta Dip}

The original recipe came from here. This dip was light and easy and amazing.

olive oil
1 lb feta, crumbled
1 bunch green onions, chopped
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
greek seasoning

This dip is best made/served on a large platter. Cover platter generously with olive oil. Throw on tomatoes, green onions, feta, and a couple tsp of greek seasoning. (I use Cavendar's seasoning.) Stir all ingredients around until combined. I served this dip with Triscuits. Enjoy!

{Heath Apple Dip}

This dip was served at a Superbowl party we went to this year. I ate some, then immediately found the person who made it so I could get the recipe.

2 blocks cream cheese, softened
6-9 tsp powdered sugar
caramel
heath bar, crumbled

Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until blended and creamy. Spread onto a platter. Drizzle caramel over cream cheese and top with Heath bar crumbles. Surround dip with apple slices. *I bought a bag of heath crumbles, but didn't need near that much. You could probably get away with buying 1 heath bar and crumbling it yourself.

I didn't take pictures of these delicious dips, I was too busy entertaining. I had a lot of party details to finish the morning of, and these dips were so easy to throw together. I made the Feta Dip and Apple Dip while the Man Dip was baking!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment