Saturday, April 7, 2012

Quinoa Black Bean Burgers!

These burgers.....AMAZING. Seriously. Ryan loved them. Hayes devoured them. The baby-sitter even liked them:) Here is the original blog I found the recipe on.

{Black Bean Quinoa Burgers}


1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup dry quinoa
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
olive oil

Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add quinoa and toast for a few minutes. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is done.

In a big bowl, mix black beans, cooked quinoa, bread crumbs. tomato paste, onion, garlic, and seasonings. I used my hands so that I could really get everything mixed together. I also wanted the black beans smashed a little so that they would help hold the patties together.

Divide the mixture into 4 patties. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add you patties and cook on each side until browned and crispy.

You could eat these on burger buns...or go bunless for a low carb meal. We topped ours with some honey mustard sauce that I whipped up while the patties were cooking. Avocados would probably also taste good with these. I made roasted cauliflower as a side dish. Is there a vegetable you can't roast? I am kinda obsessed with roasting everything in the veggie drawer in our fridge these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment