Saturday, April 7, 2012

Blog Spotlight

It has been way too long since I have done one of these, but... I have recently been super inspired by a blog and I must share it with all of you!

Two Blue Lemons has become a source of recipes and inspiration in my attempt to change the way my family eats. Sarah has so many amazing recipes on her blog. The garbanzo burgers and quinoa-black bean burgers I recently posted about came from her.

Sarah has had training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Her passions include holistic nutrition, health coaching, and the importance of preventive care.

Ryan recently told me I was turning into a "dirty hippie" after I planned a week of food with no meats. He had to take back the "dirty" because I shower regularly. And I am not sure of the definition of a "hippie," but I am fairly sure one would not shop at Baby Gap regularly. However, if being a hippie means picking the healthiest meals for myself and my family, then I will gladly be a hippie. And since Ryan eats my food without complaining, he is one too:)

"Healthy eating" is something that I have never had a clear definition of...being from the south and all. Healthy means 1 stick of light butter instead of regular butter, right? Now, I was not raised in a house of Paula Deen meals every night, but the food culture is just so different in the south. The more rich and decadent, the better. Everything is centered around food...with lots and lots of butter. Is there a place where the food culture is truly healthy? I don't even know that a place like that exists... I have been learning so much about good carbs vs bad carbs, cooking with grains, and healthy alternatives to down home favorites. I got real tired of grilled chicken and steamed veggies fast. Blogs like Sarah's are helping me take my healthy cooking to the next level and I love it! So does Hayes. And Ryan, even if he won't admit it right away. He has to give me a hard time about the drastic increase in beans we ate this past week...

Check out Two Blue Lemons! She makes cooking healthy seem so easy and tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment