Monday, August 27, 2012

Tuscan Sausage Soup

Here is another Pinterest recipe, compliments of Feast on the Cheap. I am a big soup fan and since fall is almost here...I felt like trying this recipe out. I actually cut it in half because the original makes tons and I was fairly certain it wouldn't fit in my stock pot. Enjoy the taste and the delicious smells that will fill your house.
 
{Tuscan Sausage Soup}
 
1 lb Italian sausage (I used chicken sausage to cut back on fat)
1 onion, chopped
1 carrots, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 qts chicken broth, low sodium
1/2 lb whole wheat pasta
handful of fresh spinach, chopped
dried basil, salt, and pepper
parmesan cheese for toppings
 
Remove your sausage from the casings, if necessary, and brown in a large stock pot. Once sausage is done, add in onions, carrots and garlic. Saute until veggies are tender and golden. Next add in diced tomatoes with  juice, beans, chicken broth, pasta, and dried basil to taste. Bring mixture to a boil, cover and simmer until pasta is tender...about 7-10 minutes. Add in your spinach and stir until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with parmesan cheese on top!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks delish! Good soup is near the top of my "reasons I love fall" list. I'm also drooling over the table that your soup is sitting on! Very pretty! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete