Wednesday, November 21, 2012
The Liebster Award...Part 1!
My friend, Lindsey from A Dream Come True nominated my blog for a Liebster Award! This award is designed to help promote smaller blogs and give everyone a chance to know me better. I'm excited about doing this and so glad Lindsey nominated me!
Part 1 of the Liebster award involves sharing 11 interesting things about yourself. Hmm....we will see just how "interesting" I can be;)
1. I am the luckiest girl in the world because I am married to the man of my dreams and mother to 1 sweet toddler and the baby in my belly who will hopefully be born soon. The story of how we met is a fun one, but will be shared in Part 2 of this series.
2. I grew up in Louisiana and ended up living in Ohio. I am a little displaced, but I love the life I have made here and wouldn't trade it for anything.
3. My hometown is West Monroe...home of the tv series Duck Dynasty. Haven't watched this little gem yet? You should check it out. It's reality tv at its finest. In all seriousness, it is a very entertaining show about a family who has built quite the business making duck calls. Best part, it's safe for the kids to watch! No affairs or wild nights of drunken debauchery or vulgar language! It's great to see a family spotlighted on tv that has morals these days.
4. I got a pedicure today. My toes look like they are going to a New Year's party. The base coat is black with a chunky multi-colored glitter layer on top. My feet have been working hard carrying this baby belly around. They deserve to have a little fun. I tried to take a picture, but toes don't photograph well...
5. I once met Snoop Dog. I was picking up a friend who needed a ride after a Snoop concert. It was a weird moment in my life. This is how the big intro went:
Drunk friend: "Snoop, this is Katie. Katie, Snoop."
Snoop: "You got it going on."
Katie: "Um thanks?"
6. I love to cook. I also love planning a weekly menu and coordinating grocery list which is written in the same order that I walk through the store. I get it from my mama.
7. I have 6 titanium screws and 1 titanium plate in my face compliments of TMJ surgery I had my senior year of college. And no, I don't set off metal detectors.
8. I am a speech therapist and I love my job. When I first started in this field, I thought my focus would be on pediatrics. Through job experience and training, my focus shifted from pediatrics to the geriatric population with a special focus on the dementia population. I was lucky enough to end up in a facility that specializes in dementia care and meet someone who shares my passion. Her name is Terra and she was so instrumental in helping me not only learn but apply much of what I do today. The battle we fight for dementia is not easy, but it is something we love and I feel lucky to get to do it everyday.
9. I am a photography and graphic design snob. I have so many friends who are so talented in these fields, and I blame them for this. And I thank them. For making me appreciate good photography and graphic design.
10. Love Actually is my most favorite movie of all times. Crazy Stupid Love is a close second.
11. I am that mom who is anal about what her child wears in public. I have changed Hayes' clothes before if I don't like what Ryan dresses him in for daycare. And I don't feel bad about it. I carried the baby for 9 months and spent a long time giving birth. It's my right as a mother.
Thanks for reading my fun facts! Part 2 consists of 11 questions chosen by Lindsey for me to answer. I will post those later this week!