Sunday, July 7, 2013

Crispy Edamame

Ryan and I have loved edamame and we recently discovered that Hayes loves it too! Of course I didn't really enjoy shelling beans for him to eat, so I decided to hunt for pre-shelled beans and came up with this tasty way of cooking them. Enjoy!

Frozen shelled edamame
olive oil
seasonings
parmesan cheese

Thaw your edamame in a colander submerged in cold water. Once thawed, dry on paper towels. And then take a picture of your beans because they are so pretty and green.


Heat some oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add beans and season with whatever floats your boat. I chose garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Cook while stirring frequently until beans are slightly browned. I actually covered the skillet for a few minutes at the end to ensure the beans were tender enough for my liking.  Once they are done, top with parmesan cheese and serve as a side...perhaps with some baked chicken topped with fresh bruschetta. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. We LOVE Edamame! P.S. LF loves it too and part of that reason is shelling her own! It keeps her busy which allows us to have a real conversation at dinner every once in a while lol!

    ReplyDelete