Sunday, July 7, 2013

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Corn

I mean...I think the name says it all, right?

I have recently discovered that I adore Brussels sprouts. So weird. I never thought I would say that. Bet my mom didn't see that one coming, either.

Nonetheless, I love those little green veggies and this way of cooking them is a winner for us! I found this idea from this blog.

1 lb brussels sprouts
1 can corn
olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
cayenne pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
salt & pepper

Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cut the tips off the brussels then cut in half. Toss into the hot oil with lemon juice and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to get a little brown and crispy. Add more oil if needed.

Once the brussels are done, add the corn and a little more oil. Cook while stirring until everything is nice and warm and crispy-ish and delicious. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment