Sunday, September 1, 2013

Braised Chicken with Artichoke-Mushroom Sauce

Y'all. This meal was seriously amazing. And seriously easy. And we have leftovers. Which this busy mom loves.

Shocker, this is from Against All Grain. As are all my recipes this week. I love falling in love with cookbooks.

Anyway...food time! I made adjustments based on our preferences and what was available.

6 tbsp unsalted butter
6 chicken breasts
1 lb bella mushrooms, sliced
2 cups marinated artichoke hearts
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp flour (I used whole wheat)
1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
salt and pepper and paprika

I used a cast iron dutch oven to cook this meal. Start by melting 4 tbsp butter over med high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika. Place in dutch oven and cook for 8 minutes, rotating every 2 minutes. Place chicken on a plate and add remaining 2 tbsp butter. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, flour, and apple cider vinegar. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add chicken back to pot. Place artichoke hearts on top of chicken breasts, cover, and bake at 375 for 40 minutes. I used this time to make green beans to eat with the chicken.

The flavor in this dish is incredible! I promise, you won't be disappointed!




No comments:

Post a Comment