Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sausage Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust

This is a fun find from my new cookbook crush, Against All Grain. It was very easy to prepare and made enough for 2 nights of meals, plus we made a fun snack with the leftover ingredients;) I will share that soon, but first...Quiche!!

1 sweet potato, thinly sliced (we used a mandolin set at 1/8 inch)
10 eggs
1/2 lb ground turkey sausage (casings removed)
1 sprig rosemary, chopped
3 tbsp coconut milk (or whatever milk you have on hand)
salt and pepper
olive oil for greasing

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a pie dish with olive oil. I have really shallow pie dishes, so I actually used 2 for my recipe. It made very thin quiche and I probably could have fit it all in one, but it still turned out delicious!

Layer sweet potato slices around bottom of dish, making sure the bottom is completely covered. Place cooked sausage on top of potato slices and top with rosemary. In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over sausage and sweet potatoes. Press down any sausage that floats up with your spoon. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until quiche is set.

Yum! Enjoy!!




Got leftover sweet potatoes? We did. So I used another Against All Grain recipe. I soaked the leftover slices in ice water for 20 minutes (while the quiche was baking). Drain the water, rinse the potatoes, and then dry. I laid them out on papertowels to drain while we ate. Toss in melted coconut oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake on a cookie sheet at 425 for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until crispy. These were beyond amazing. And this is coming from a girl who has been known to gag on sweet potatoes. Try them! You will love them!



No comments:

Post a Comment