Monday, November 7, 2011

Not all "Firsts" are fun...

Today we had another Hayes "first." And it wasn't a fun one. Hayes had his first emergency room visit. Around 12:30 this morning, he woke up with a horrible cough and wheezing. His breathing got worse and watching him struggle to breathe was torture. So we loaded up the car and headed to the Children's hospital.

I think the hospital needs little blue gowns for sick baby boys. Peach isn't really Hayes's color.


Please excuse the phone pic. And my 1 a.m. hair.

Little Hayes has a nasty case of croup. I hate seeing my baby sick, but I'm glad it wasn't something worse. After a couple of hours and a dose of steroids, we headed home. We spent all day cuddling. I'm ready for my baby to feel better, but I could spend every day cuddling. I hope it's a long time before we go back to the ER.

1 comment:

  1. Oh hon, been there, and it is NO fun! Anniston actually got it again a couple of weeks ago for the second time, but we were able to manage it at home. Oh, but the first time when she was younger was SO scary! I'm glad he is doing well!

    ReplyDelete