Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spicy Tuscan Soup

I love soup. Especially this time of year. When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. I love the Olive Garden version of this soup, Zuppa Toscana and this recipe hits pretty stinkin' close. It is easy to make and doesn't take much time. Enjoy!

Spicy Tuscan Soup

1 lb ground spicy sausage
1 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp oil
4 cups warm water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 bunch kale, roughly chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream
salt and pepper

Brown your sausage in a large pot. Move to a separate dish and reserve for later. Add oil to the pot and saute your red onion until tender. Add in garlic and stir for approx 1 min. Add in warm water, bouillon, and potatoes. I used red potatoes, so I had to add a little more water to cover the potatoes. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are done. (The more thin your potatoes are sliced, the faster they will cook.) Add in kale, cream, and sausage. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment