Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 1

So let's talk about one of my least favorite topics in the whole wide world...my weight. My weight has always fluctuated. I can think of a few times in my life when I was happy with my weight/size...and that's when I was working out hardcore or dieting. When I got pregnant with Hayes, I was not where I wanted to be. I have been back down to pre-baby weight for about 8 months...and now I am ready to take it to the next step!

I finished up breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago. Now that I don't have to worry about eating enough calories to make milk, I feel like I can focus on losing the weight that I want to.

I don't have the time to do hardcore workouts...now that I have a sweet baby. Diet changes are usually effective for me, but I don't really know enough to make them myself. I felt like I needed something to kick start my journey. That led me to....Advocare.

I have lots of friends who use these products and they get rave reviews. My best friend and personal pharmacy consultant, Brittany, also gave them a thumbs up. So, I am doing their 24 day challenge. I want to share this experience with you. Even though I hate discussing my weight, I am hoping that this information will be helpful to someone else out there.

Days 1-10 of the challenge are a "Cleanse Program." This is a time to cleanse your body of toxins so that you are physically ready to become healthy and lose weight.

Days 11-24 are focused on increasing energy, controlling your appetite, losing weight, and core nutrition.

I did my research before I chose this program. I liked this one because it encourages dietary changes and exercise to enhance your results. I have never been a big fan of only taking pills to lose weight. I know that I need to get into an exercise routine and become a better eater if this weight loss is going to stick. Also, the success others have had are pretty encouraging:)

Planning a menu was a little overwhelming, but Advocare has some great suggestions and menus to get you started. I'll be sharing my meals to give you inspiration for healthy eating as well!

So, today is Day 1.

Breakfast: I started my day with a fiber drink and a banana.

Lunch: I had couscous with veggies and tuna.

Supper: I had a grilled tuna steak, steamed broccoli, and a red potato. The Pioneer Woman inspired my red potato recipe. I boiled them until tender. Then I put them on a cookie sheet covered with olive oil. I smashed the potatoes, brushed olive oil over them, and seasoned them with a little Old Bay seasoning. I baked them at 450 for 25 minutes. Delicious!

I am so excited about this challenge! My friend, Amber, is an Advocare distributor and will be my personal cheerleader over the next 24 days. I am so glad I have this support system. And I'm super excited to share my pounds and inches lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment