Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 5!

What a busy week! On Tuesday, we celebrated Ryan's birthday! He is such an amazing daddy and husband. Hayes and I are so lucky to have him! Hayes was so excited about his daddy's birthday all day, that he slept...all night. All night in this case means from the second we walked in the door until 7 am. That's right. He even slept through supper. We tried to wake him up, but he wasn't having it. I was hoping for a great daddy/Hayes picture on his birthday like last year,


 but someone had other plans. Oh well, there's always the weekend!

The Cleanse has been going good so far. I've been eating lots of brown rice and tuna. Carrots are not my favorite veggie, I don't know why I bought a whole bag of them. I am loving fresh pears on the way to work every morning for breakfast! Bananas, grapes, and almonds make great snacks throughout the day.

The weather here has been so amazing. And such amazing weather calls for grilling! We made some delicious burgers, thanks to Advocare for the inspiration. We used lean ground beef, a chopped onion, and some seasoning. We didn't eat them with buns but topped them with sugar free salsa. And of course, no burger is complete without steamed carrots on the side, right? Darn carrots.

I ate sushi for lunch today. It was a weak moment. But, I only ate sushi with salmon and tuna in it. None of it was deep fried...and only 1 had cream cheese! I think there are far worse things I could have splurged on...like blizzards, margaritas, pasta alla vodka with shrimp (which I made for Ryan's birthday and didn't eat), girl scout cookies, coffee, or mini Cadbury eggs.

Have I ever mentioned Hayes has a pair of TOMS? He does. I happen to have a matching pair. Not weird at all, right? Every where Hayes goes, he gets tons of compliments on his precious little shoes. Check out this pic from Christmas.


I love TOMS. They are cute and comfortable and classic. And the best part is, they give back. For every pair of TOMS purchased, a new pair is given to a child in need. One for One is their motto. And I love it! So Hayes will continue to wear TOMS as his little feet grow and we will continue to help give shoes to kids in need.

What a blog full of randomness. Kinda like this week....

It's almost Friday! Make the most of it!

1 comment:

  1. this is random but just thought i'd let you in on a little secret - i love toms but i will not buy another pair for olivia until she is out of her wild toddler phase. i'm talking like kindergarten! hers lasted about 3 days before they had holes in both toes! they are not made well enough for busy little people. and considering what they cost, it's not worth it to me. now, i'll still continue to support them with shoes for myself so have no fear, i'm doing my part to give back!! :)

    ReplyDelete