Sunday, July 8, 2012

Quiche!

Everyone who reads my blog, however many people that may be, let me slack on food posts last week. Shame on all of you! I will try to catch up super quick.

I made a quiche for the first time this week and it was pretty delicious! It served as supper for 2 nights. I found the recipe on one of my favorite sites, Two Blue Lemons.

Tomato Basil Quiche

4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
handful of fresh basil, chopped
1 tomato, sliced
3 tbsp pesto
1 pastry crust

Start by preparing your pastry crust according to the directions. I used a frozen one. I had to thaw and prick with a fork before baking it for about 15 minutes while empty. While it was baking, I mixed by eggs and milk together and seasoned it with a smidge of salt and pepper. Once my crust was done, I slathered pesto on the bottom of the crust. Pour in your egg mixture and then place your tomatoes and basil on top. Bake at 365 for 35-40 minutes.

Suggestion: De-seed and drain your tomatoes for a while before placing them in the quiche. My tomatoes were so juicy that it made my quiche a little funny at first.

We ate this with turkey bacon and fresh fruit. Hayes gobbled it up!

I tried photographing my quiche, but it wasn't very photogenic...

I haven't made my asparagus and artichoke pasta salad yet. We ended up grilling burgers and red onions on the 4th, which altered our menu a little. I am excited to make that pasta salad and will be sharing it this week! I promise;)

No comments:

Post a Comment