Sunday, July 8, 2012

Top 10

1. Is it really already Sunday night? No fair.

2. On the menu for this week:
                             Chicken and Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta Salad
                             Confetti Chicken Pasta Salad
                             Baked fish and veggies

3. I promise to post some new recipes this week. I mean it this time!

4. Scott, Kristie, and Landen came to visit this weekend. Hayes and Landen were pretty excited to see each other. When Hayes woke up from his nap today, they were gone. He spent this evening searching for "denden." It was pretty precious.

5. I had my first ever pedicure this weekend. I know. I can't believe I've never had one before. I think I found a new splurge...

6. I love Ikea. I love that they have curtains for crazy cheap. I couldn't buy fabric and make my own curtains for that cheap. And, I love that their curtains are super long so that you can adjust the length yourself. Oh, Ikea. You think of everything.

7. My birthday present came in this week, a Kindle Fire!!!! I am so in love and I've already read like 3 books on it. I love that it also has web capabilities, videos, music, and fun apps for Hayes to play.

8. I made Feta Dip this weekend. Seriously one of my most favorite dips. Everyone should make it. It's super easy and delicious. And healthy-ish.

9. I can't believe I am going to be 28 this week. The lady doing my pedicure told me I looked so young and she would have never guessed I was about to turn 28. I wonder if she was just buttering me up for a big tip...

10. This prayer request has been so heavy on my heart this past week. A dear friend of mine learned that her husband has leukemia. Cancer is never fair and there is never a good time for it to happen. However, this seems extra cruel because she is expecting their first child in a few months. This family has been on my mind constantly. They could use all of our prayers in the next few months as they find out more details about his condition, determine and start treatments, and welcome their daughter into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment