1. What a hot weekend! We did finally convince Hayes to get in his pool. It probably helped that Mommy and Daddy were in the pool too, trying to stay cool.
2. My fabulous, hilarious, creative, beautiful friend, Shannon, is getting married! And, I am so excited that she has asked me to be a bridesmaid! I can't wait for her big day in March!
3. We lost power Friday during a horrible storm. Talk about a bad time of year to lose power. Ryan's cousins live near us and did not lose their power. Hilary and Aaron, thanks for letting us crash at your house!!!
4. While at Hilary and Aaron's, Hayes slept in bed with us for the first time. I don't think we will try it again. Every time Hayes rolled over and felt one of us, he thought it was time to wake up and play. No one wants to play at 4 a.m.
5. Hayes slept in until 10 this morning. Maybe it was his way of saying sorry about Friday night...
6. We watched Act of Valor last night. It was such a good movie. I don't normally enjoy action packed movies. This one follows a group of Navy Seals as they complete several dangerous missions. It is a great reminder of the sacrifice members of the military make for our country every day.
7. New haircut = poolside mohawk.
8. I am so glad the NBA finals are over. They interrupted Rookie Blue two weeks in a row. Not cool, NBA. Not cool.
9. A severe storm moved across Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio Friday. Winds were reported as high as 94 mph in some areas. Millions are without power and many have experienced property damage as a result of the winds. We were lucky enough to not have any damage to our home, but many homes around us have been affected. The power outages are a big concern as we are going through one of the hottest weather stretches in two decades. Pray for those affected by this storm and that power is restored to all soon!
10. I have another special prayer request this week. A co-worker in Indiana lost two of her children and her in-laws in an auto accident Friday. Her third child is currently in ICU. My heart is breaking for this woman and her family. There isn't much we can do right now except pray for comfort for her and healing for her child in ICU.