Saturday, June 30, 2012

Burgers and Potatoes!

Sounds healthy, right?

Tonight we are eating Quinoa Black Bean Burgers and Rosemary and Onion Potatoes. Let me tell ya, the house smells amazing. And it isn't totally unhealthy...


I have shared the recipe for Quinoa Black Bean Burgers before here. They were such a huge hit, so I'm not sure why I've waited so long to make them again. I did alter the recipe a smidge. I used Italian seasoned Panko instead of plain bread crumbs, because they were in my pantry asking to be used. I also split the mixture into 6 burgers instead of 4. We like to eat ours without buns to keep the healthy vibe going. Tonight we topped them with avocados and a sprinkling of feta cheese crumbles. Yum!!!

For our delicious side dish, we have a new recipe! I swiped this dish from here. The rosemary was what caught my eye. I adore rosemary. I should probably just grow my own. I could have picked healthier options...but red potatoes aren't just awful for you, right? And hey, we did skip out on burger buns. And, it's not like they are fried. And, there is no butter in this dish.

Ok, now that I've justified eating potatoes for a "healthy" side dish, here is the recipe!

red potatoes, diced (pick your quantity..I went with 4 for leftover options)
1 sweet onion, diced
rosemary, chopped
kosher salt
fresh ground pepper
olive oil

I used my cast iron skillet for this dish. If you don't have one, you could just substitute another dish. But you should probably work on getting one. They are awesome. Preheat your oven to 350. Make sure you also pre-heat your cast iron skillet. Once heated, throw in potatoes, onion, and olive oil. The onions will smell delicious immediately if you pour them into a hot skillet. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper to your liking and mix well. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Easy enough, right?

This meal was delicious and filling! Stay tuned for more fun meals next week!

1 comment: