Sunday, August 19, 2012

Putanesca

I had never heard of this Italian dish until this past week. A patient's wife shared the recipe with me and I am forever grateful to her for it!

It is another meatless dish, but who cares! You don't even really notice between the amazing flavor and smell, load of veggies, and pasta.

{Putanesca}

1 can artichoke hearts, drained
black and green olives, minced
2 cans chopped tomatoes, drained
sliced mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
olive oil
garlic
Italian spices
angel hair pasta
parmesan cheese

Heat some olive oil in a large skillet. I just poured until I felt like I had enough...maybe a couple of tablespoons. Add your artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions. I did not mince my green olives because I only had whole ones in my fridge, but I did cut them in half. Add garlic and Italian spices to your liking. Bring your mixture to a boil and simmer for about 45 minutes. I covered my skillet while simmering. Make sure to stir often and stop simmering when the liquid starts to evaporate. Some juices are good for your pasta. When your mixture is coming close to being done, cook your angel hair pasta. Serve the veggie mixture over pasta and top with some parmesan. Yum!!!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment