Saturday, January 19, 2013

Creamy Veggie Pasta

This pasta dish caught my eye on Pinterest. I'm always a little skeptical of greek yogurt, I still haven't fully embraced the slightly bitter flavor. I will say I was pleasantly surprised with this dish though. Ryan like it too...he had seconds;) I altered it a little from the original...here is my version.

{Creamy Veggie Pasta}

1 lb whole wheat thin spaghetti
3 zucchinis, chopped to your preference
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes. halved
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
fresh or dried basil

Start by boiling water and cooking your pasta. In a large bowl, mix greek yogurt, cheese, and lemon juice. Add salt, pepper, and basil to taste. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add zucchini and cook until tender. I sliced mine in thin, short strips. Once zucchini is done, add garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add tomatoes and cook several more minutes until tomatoes are tender. Add veggies into yogurt mixture and stir, coating veggies. Add in your pasta, which should be done at this point, tossing until well mixed. Top with parm cheese and eat away!

No comments:

Post a Comment